Saturday, February 25, 2017

MECCANO CARTOONS by Gie Campo

In 2007, in the very early days of this blog, I received this cartoon in my inbox. It was drawn by Gie Campo (Belgium, 1952) , a noble unknown cartoonist to me (there a still much more cartoonists I don't know, than I know). Gie had an idea, drew this cartoon and was so kind to send it to us.


When I recently saw a cartoon book drawn by Gie Campo, I bought it of course.

The little book Meccano Cartoons (Ademloos/Straten-Generaal, 2012)  is about the problematic solution for the traffic problem around the Belgian city of Antwerp. There is much to do about how and where the route has to be build. The books was published in 2012 and the discussion about how to solve the traffic problem around Antwerp is still going on... Know that the discussion already started in 1995 and in 2017 the works for a better traffic still aren't started. This is Belgium. Sometimes I envy the Chinese government when it comes up to solid traffic solutions.






Gie Campo has a website CAMPRODUCTIES. Gie states that his company, with the aim of "promoting the general laughter" ,knows despite the severe economic crisis, a slow but steady growth.

Learn more:
Guy Campo - Camproducties

No comments: