Sunday, November 30, 2014

International Cartoonfestival Knokke-Heist 2014 catalogue

Since 34 years now I receive the Knokke-Heist catalogue (ISBN 9789059085695) at about this time of year.



It's an opportunity to see the most recent evolution in gag cartooning. Which cartoonists have a cartoon published? Who won a prize? How good are the cartoons? These are questions I always question myself.
What strikes me more and more is the use of Photoshopped cartoons. Some cartoons have a real digital look. To be honest, not my piece of cake, but who am I to judge.  Am I old school?

 


Fortunately, most cartoonists stick to the ancient art of drawing and painting, with only a little touch of Photoshop...

A quick selection: old school versus digital?

















Learn more:
cartoonfestival Knokke-Heist.be
more Knokke cartoon festival on our blog



No comments: