Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cartoon Book Exhibition in Wevelgem (Belgium)

In September our library is bringing  the cartoon under attention and I was asked to exhibit some cartoon books of my collection.
I hope by this, people discover the world of cartoons and its cartoonists. Promoting the cartoon is one of the goals of ECC Cartoonbooks Club.

In a leaflet I made for the exhibition, I refer to a very nice quote of cartoonist Roger Penwill:

“The slogan of FECO is “Drawing the world together”, something nobly positive in our sadly troubled times. Being top banana of FECO has given me unique opportunities to meet cartoonists from all over the world. I have laughed, drawn, eaten, drunk and even danced with them but, most importantly, I have enjoyed their cartoon books.”
 (Roger Penwill, Assembled Cartoons, 2003)




Learn more:
A Busy Belgian cartoon week 




No comments: